This Epson driver is a Windows Printer Driver for the TM printer. This
driver makes it possible to print from a Windows application.
The driver works with Windows XP/2000/NT.
Note: Windows Printer drivers are only necessary if
you want to print documents within Windows. Many
applications that use the TM-U295 (including most POS
applications) do not require that the printer be installed
under Windows. It's advisable to contact the application
vendor before installing the Windows driver for the TM-U295.
It may not be necessary or it may make the printer
EPSON Advanced Printer Driver for TM series
The driver operation has been verified with the following
- Microsoft Windows NT4.0 Workstation SP6a, English
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional SP4, English
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2, English
- Microsoft Windows XP Embedded
This driver is not compatible with Windows 95/98.
- Connect the printer to a serial port using a NULL Modem
type cable. This is not a normal straight through cable.
Download the Epson drivers
- Unzip the files to a known directory and run the file
called Epson Advanced Printer
Driver for TM Series program. It will install the driver and
the status API.
- Confirm the operating system in use and select the
printer type in use from the list (Epson TM-U295 Slip).
- Press the Printer Port Setting, etc button to
select the serial
port connected to the printer (i.e. COM1) and change the baud
rate to 9600 bps.
- Reboot the computer and try a test print.
Note: If this EPSON Advanced Printer Driver for TM Series
will be installed on the
same PC with another printer driver or EPSON Printer Window2!
for an EPSON
terminal printer (page printer, ink jet printer, etc), you must
uninstall these drivers in order shown below:
1. EPSON terminal printer driver
2. EPSON Advanced Printer Driver for TM Series
1. EPSON Advanced Printer Driver for TM Series
2. EPSON terminal printer driver
Some information provided by the Seiko Epson Corp.